From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Matt Stanton
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 10:52 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Help with Multiple IPs & SRCDS

Yeah, I would imagine there is some sort of ipchain/iptables magic that
could be performed to do some kind of NAT-like routing from the old ip
address to the new one.  This still won't really solve the issue of your
players knowing what ip to change to.  It would probably be best to use an
advertisements-style plugin to notify people on the server of the new ip
address.  Of course, having both ip addresses pointing to the same game
server would make it so that they could update their favorites accordingly
and still be able to connect to the server.