Agreed. Even if you don't have hosting space, many of us other admins have
hosting with plenty of bandwidth. We could have a central site (Maybe
developed by Tony?) that could select automatically from a list of mirrors
setup for this purpose, I think. I have a 100mbit server I'd be glad to use
for this purpose.

Thanks,
-Jeff