I only noticed that when I do this on my Win servers console, the first attempt works, but successive ones will not yield a response until about 15 seconds have passed - I suspect some kind of spam protection...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Harry Strongburg" <harry.h...@harry.lu>
To: <hlds_li...@list.valvesoftware.com>; <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 14:56
Subject: [hlds] status command highly rate limited even for local console?

If I do a remote status from in-game without rcon, it often will not
reply anything. If I do it using rcon, same thing. If I screen -Urx tf2
(attaching to the local TF2 screen), and do it there, the same thing
happens. I must spam it, usually at least 10 times, to get any reply.

This happens on both srcds_win, srcds_linux, and a local Source game (in
my testing, anyways). It happens on both modded servers, and vanilla
ones. This also happens to me in on CS:S, and other Source games.

Does this happen to anyone else? If so, can this please be patched
please? It is hard to get SteamIDs now when you need to send the command
20 times just to get it to reply. Thanks.