I have posted this some time ago... this will work on *nix boxes. Had an ongoing DDoS for two days with about 300 requests/second. This did the job great.

Setup:
1. Get the source from http://www.gign.lv/tmp/querycache.c
2. Compile with gcc querycache.c -o querycache
3. Open an UDP port in firewall for the proxy server, lets say 21015