Client sided demo's can have the console output of that client, if client did a
"status" or w/e command that showed output about the server in the console, it
will be shown during replay.

Advertizements in chat also help, if you want to identify that the server was
yours, just advertise every 1-2 minutes the forums, where to find admins, etc.
those will be shown as well during replay of the demo.

Guess that are the 2 venues to seek such from inside the demo.

On default, a client records all that the client does. With stats you might
prove that that particular client was on the server on that particular time,
with a given name. Not looked lately much into specifics, and not known to
L4D(2), never been my "game".

If the source of the demo is questionable, I read couple months ago that the
demo's are alterable to show different steam-ID's. Information stored in a demo
might be artificially altered therefore. If such is questionable and there
problems around that, its really up to judgement of admins to let it be
admissible. Its been the reason some servers don't use one of the banlists out
there for ppl that cheat/hack or w/e, the list was compromised by such altered
demo's (or not, not much proof either way about such as it seems). All this is
highly debatable, and server owners should really make up their own mind.
Again,
with stats on a server, and then comparing players to be there at such time
with
the other players shown in the status commands, one can link it up. If it
doesn't match....

Difficult subject. Consider STV automatic recording etc if you want to be sure
about demo's recorded, and let ppl report date and time of it, so one can pull
the demo and watch it.

hope this helps, bit more information for the intention or the problem would
have been easier and a shorter answer.

Mart-Jan