Below a link to the one I use on my Windows 2008 64-bit dedicated server.

http://www.boomgaming.net/downloads/HiResTimer.zip

This timer requires the Microsoft .net 1.1 framework package be loaded on
your box first. It can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-48
42-8157-034D1E7CF3A3
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4
842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en> &displaylang=en

Once installed, the timer runs as a Windows "Service" so there's no need to
logon and start it each time the box is rebooted. It works perfectly for me
and has for several years.

Just a quick note about the Microsoft.net 1.1 framework installer. When
installing the .net package, you will likely get a warning from Windows that
the package is not designed to run under Windows 2008, but it will allow you
to ignore the warning and continue with the install. I have loaded
Microsoft.net 1.1 on at least 25 Windows 2008 dedicated server boxes and
never once had an issue with it screwing anything up.

Have a good one.

  _____