What the... Reading comprehension is terrible on this list.

He said it was required for TF2, optional for other orangebox games.

Just to make it simple. This is a required TF2 update. And just so we are
clear TF2 is not CSS, or DODS or HL2DM hence "Mandatory TF2 update coming
this afternoon"

See the TF2 part?

Still confused?