Not necessarily. Sometimes the loadout can be unavailable and you still
maintain your connection to steam.

Having your clients sporadically lose the ability to change their loadout
doesn't imply you're having a routing issue, just that either the item
server (GC), is down, or otherwise inaccessible through the steam network.
Just wait it out.