One of the new achievement is gained when you kill a player using a
crit as the victim is capping. It was found and reported independently
by the very first two players that joined our cp_foundry server trying
to get that achievement, only 15 minutes after the server was started
and 2 hours after your mail. It's not exactly obscure. Running the
plugin since, you did the right thing.