Merry Christmas to you too.

And happy holidays to everyone who has other traditions!

And if this is what we got in 2011 with the list, imagine what 2012 will be.

On 12/25/2011 12:11 AM, Ook wrote:
Seriously.

Merry Christmas to all! And Happy Holidays to those that don't observe Christmas or otherwise don't want to hear it.

Alas, what happened to the good old days when we could do something as simple as wishing others MC on this mailing list without the list nazis getting their noses pushed out of shape?

On 12/24/2011 08:37 PM, Kyle Sanderson wrote:
Happy Holidays.

Don't be a scrooge.
Kyle.

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Ant <essential...@bigpond.com> wrote:

I can't believe this has to be said, Everyone should STFU about religion and politics on this thread. It's for Steam HLDS related issues

From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com [mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Mart-Jan Reeuwijk
Sent: Sunday, 25 December 2011 1:55 PM

Subject: Re: [hlds] Merry Christmas!

Atheist too, but then I still can be able to convey the message to wish for everybody a Merry Xmass?

Its not about christ anyway, its some pagan ritual of like couple thousand year ago that us "pagans" used to have, 2 weeks of celebrations before turning to work again, before we where mandatory converted into christians. Oh, we had some rituals... lets put those in some biblical context... so we move the village tree from the outside into our houses, let them have a small stable with child Jesus in it and then its sanctioned... and that 2 weeks, let cut off every time a day or so, so it gets shortened to a day. But Jesus was actually born somewhere in spring.... if one would believe the scientist who researched the whole bunch, for the population count Maria was traveling for was then, not in winter. and oops, where off a couple years as well... should be like 2006 right now, or 2015, nobody knows exactly. The Apostles didn't learn to write till 65 AD or some.

Well, back to the pagan rite, it was mostly to celebrate the midwinter turn, as from now the days become longer (on northern half of the world anyway). Yeah, yeah, that was the 21st... more influence from those Christian church.

All of the sudden, the whole Christmas isn't about Christ, or about pagan rites.... or w/e. Its all make-believe.

The wishes? its just wishing ppl to have a good time during those days. Thats bout it. If you feel offended by it, one should get some dose of humor for those ppl that in the past couldn't seem to get it right.

so far we got:
- Birth of christ: off by at least 3 months
- pagan winter solstice rite, off for bout 4 days.
- ehm? whats left? getting together and having a good time.

Now, again: Merry Christmas

And if you have read above, you know I dont mean it offending. I just wish you a good time for a specific time period. Thats bout it. You reading more into it is more you then anything else.

/me hides for all those Christians that didn't read up their rituals.