http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

It really comes over like a minimum of servers is set up with maximum load on
them, and when one breaks, its just over for that part of steam. No fail safe,
no redundancy or w/e.

Watch out for the wires while running to the server room, one of them might be
that single one connected glass-fiber to the outside world.