Ravnox <ravnox <at> arkanox.net> writes:

> Secv74, if you are using Google translate or some such service to
> translate from Russian to English, it is doing a terrible job and it
> is very hard to understand what it is exactly that you are trying to
> achieve.
>
> If I understand correctly, you want to offer legit dedicated Source
> gaming servers that players can rent. However, you are worry that
> there is no market to offer such services because of the proliferation
> of illegal servers that allow unregistered copies of games to connect.
> So, you are wondering if Valve are doing anything to shutdown or
> "fine" those servers operators. Is that it?
>
> --
> Ravnox
>
> Quoting Secv74 <secv74 <at> yandex.ru>:
>
> > Cc2iscooL <cc2iscool <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >

> >> Neither Valve nor this mailing list will give you any support on
> >> your pirated
> > servers. Buy the game.
> >> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Secv74 <secv74 <at> yandex.ru> wrote:Hi
> >> We want to open your game hosting. But we are interested in one
> >> question. Valve monitors that provide for hosting pirated css server?
> >> In our region - Russia, a lot of customers pirated the game.
> >> Therefore, we would like to know whether or not they are prohibited.
> >> Many official hosting server we sell the old version of the game css
> >> and cssv70 and have nothing for it did not. We are ready to compete,
> >> but competition must be fair. Hence the question:
> >> 1 Can a game server hosting is provided pirated css, l4d and other (ks16
> >> with the situation clear, but now with other games - no)
> >> 2 If allowed, what sanctions can be imposed?
> >>

> > You do not understand the meaning, or simply through an interpreter went
> > bad.
> > We want to rent only to steam servers, but there are many hosting services
> > in
> > our country who are quietly selling pirated css server. Therefore,
> > the question
> > is how do Valvel oversees the hosting, or you can provide years of
> > pirate server
> > and we do not?

Yes, Ravnox.

Thank you guys for your answers. And excuse me for my bad english

I see many of my questions are perceived not entirely correct. Postrayus easy to
explain. And I hope that anyone of you would clarify

We want to open the game hosting. We plan to sell only steam server. Only steam.
However, in our country a lot of players with a pirated version of the game -
potential customers for pirated servers. Steam players is several times smaller.
To compete with pirated server hosting is provided, it is very difficult. Since
their income will clearly be more due to pirated servers.

We want to understand whether or not we engage in this business or not, because
if Valve still for such hosting, it is likely that we will not stand the
competition, or at least our revenue will be much smaller and therefore we will
be more difficult to develop

An example of the European hosting
http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/ (css only license - we are
ready to compete with the likes of hosting)
http://www.verygames.net/product/13/Game_server/buy_hosting_rental_Server_Only
(css only license - we are ready to compete with the likes of hosting)
http://www.i3d.net/gamehosting-games.php (css only license - we are ready to
compete with the likes of hosting)

The situation in our country (3 large hosting)
http://www.forteam.ru/ru/services (css only license - we are ready to compete
with the likes of hosting)
http://www.serva4ok.ru/order (steam + css css the old version - so we will play
host to the income and as a result will not be able to fully compete)
http://www.myarena.ru/gamemanager.php (steam + css css the old version - so we
will play host to the income and as a result will not be able to fully compete)

Once again, we are only at the Steam servers. We do not want to sell pirated
server. But the omission of Valve put us in an unequal footing with other
hosting companies. Therefore, we think that if Valve anyway, it is likely that
we do not need to open, or in the long run we will not survive. The market of
pirated games in our country is very high ...
A couple of questions.
1 css v34, is licensed as a game or it is still a pirate version? (old css)
2 Does it make sense to write in Valve? Sent them several emails, no response. I
think they do not particularly interested in such things

Thank you for your attention, nadesyu this time I will understand everything
correctly.