No one at this time hasn’t give an explanation what fps does. But it is key
point to ‘understanding’..

From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Lorne Mock
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 12:33 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Tickrate for GoldSrc

 FPS xxxx put in the server.cfg file works on a dedicated hlds server.
But I use a FPS Booster plugin. so the sys_ticrate will auto adjust with cpu
usage.
Yes sys_ticrate does affect the system globally

mm_system
(sleep_timer/s )
1ms                max 1000 fps
 2ms               max  500fps
3ms                max  333fps
4ms                max  250fps
10ms               max  100fps

i understand all of this.  I just have a hard time elaborating it in writing.

Lorne M.

a.k.a. Blyte