I noticed today that setting sv_region 0 doesn't work to change the output of the tool at http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=x.x.x.x (it still shows a region value of whatever was previously specified, or -1). Using another number does change that value. I delved deeper and found that the location field in the Steam browser is also being ignored, as I see many region 3 servers (for instance) when I try to filter for "US - East".

Is this intentional?

-John