ok, the best solution would be to leave the motd option, but, if the motd.txt
contains anything other than the default motd.txt that ships via steamcmd...
the server simply does not get listed in the server browser. I would also go as
far as to say that the vac secured flag also be set to 0 for those servers. As
for the Valve+Pinion relationship... If Valve is in bed with pinion then why
are they not listed on the pinion list of customers?! I know why, because it's
an outright lie. The a-holes collecting pinion funds started the lie to
legitimize themselves.    Ok, So all the pro-pinion hijackware guys claim valve
is down with their program. The research indicates that this is an outright
lie. No ad time has been purchased by Valve. I am sure there are a few Valve
employees that are receiving kickbacks for their support of this blatantly
unscrupulous activity. It may even shed a little light on the fact that good
ol' Gabe did some house cleaning recently. Anyways.. down to business...If you
want to defeat these dirtbags force-feeding your cpu with hijackware and your
running a windows machine...1) Open your hosts file (generally:
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts ) with a good ol' text editor.2) Add the
following to the end of your hosts file...# Pinion Server Adware
127.0.0.1  pinion.gg
127.0.0.1  bin.pinion.gg
127.0.0.1  cdn.pinion.gg
127.0.0.1  crm.pinion.gg
127.0.0.1  delivery.pinion.gg
127.0.0.1  docs.pinion.gg
127.0.0.1  kermit.pinion.gg
127.0.0.1  log.pinion.gg
127.0.0.1  mail.pinion.gg
127.0.0.1  motd.pinion.gg3) Save the file to your desktop.
4) If your text editor added .txt to the file name remove the .txt (select the
file on your desktop, hit F2 and remove the .txt characters).
5) Copy the host file from your desktop into the
'C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc' folder and let the new one overwrite the
existing one.Enjoy hijackware free gaming!!