From: fletch...@valvesoftware.com
To: hlds_li...@list.valvesoftware.com; hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 23:03:30 +0000
Subject: [hlds] Coming soon: changes to TF HTML MOTD support

We’re making two changes to TF HTML MOTD support that server operators should
be aware of:

1.)
HTML MOTD’s will no longer be shown by clients that connect via quickplay.
Those clients will show the plaintext message instead.  (The file identified by
the convar motdfile_text, which defaults to motd_text.txt.)
2.)
When sending a URL to the “info” panel by name, the URL must begin with
‘http://’ or ‘https://’.  Note that this change does not affect putting a URL
in motd.txt directly, which has always required a protocol prefix in order for
the
 file contents to be interpreted as a URL.