As a warning to everyone before people act on this, these emails appear to
be spoofed.

 by list.valvesoftware.com with esmtp (Exim 4.76)
 (envelope-from <er...@valvesoftware.com>) id 1Vtr2S-0005sD-CK
 for hlds_annou...@list.valvesoftware.com; Thu, 19 Dec 2013 19:46:12 -0800

Someone is trying to be clever.