Hello,

I am not an english native speaker, so I keep it short just give a feedback
about the new client convar tf_quickplay_pref_community_servers.

"tf_quickplay_pref_community_servers" = "0" ( def. "0" )

 - 0=Valve only, 1=Community only, 2=Either

This convar decides, if our client's quickplay searches for valve servers,
community servers or for both.

In general, I think it was a good idea to add that "offical servers only"
option to the quickplay menu.

I guess, that there were a lot of people requestion that.

But I think, that this option shoudln't be enabled by default.

People can disable custom download content, when they don't like it (
cl_downloadfilter ), people can disable html motds, when they don't like it (
cl_disablehtmlmod ) it and they should be able to disable community servers in
quickplay, when they don't like it.

It just feels wrong, that this convar is set to "0" by default. It's like a
punch against all community members who try to create something or spend a lot
of time and work to keep the TF2 playerbase and creativity alive. It also
creates the false impression, that community servers are bad and shouldn't be
used anymore.

All I can say is, that I would appreciate it very much, when you@Valve change
the default value of "tf_quickplay_pref_community_servers" from "0" back to "2".

The offical Valve servers are back and the option to disable community servers
is there too, isn't that enough for the moment?

Thanks for reading & regards

 - Andreas