Making a new thread because replies are being blocked with "Message body is
too big: 41090 bytes with a limit of 40 KB".

Complaints here have historically gone ignored but it doesn't mean it is a
bad idea to keep the issue in the spotlight here as well.

Just make sure you also contact Valve directly.
http://valvesoftware.com/email.php
Some people say Fletcher is in charge of TF2 now so email him too.

We're really past the point in asking Valve for an "answer". The answer is
probably the same as before: a handful of servers ruined the experience for
a few new players and some lazy players who couldn't be bothered to type
valve in the tags.

So they threw in some useless features like quickpick and released server
migrations at the same time to shut you up before you realize your
community was also going to get screwed so there would be no huge public
outrage.

What needs to be done now is to get someone at Valve to realize that this
change did more harm than good and there is evidence to prove it.

Any other argument we bring up they will consider it biased because we host
servers and somehow that means we don't care about players.

Ever since the change, global TF2 player counts have steadily been
dropping. Peaks have dipped from 82k to 71k, a 15% loss. And summer
vacation has already started as you can see from the weekday player counts.

http://www.steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=440&from=1388563200000&to=End+Time