This is actually one reason I think competitive TF2 is going to be good for
community servers. Those folks that want the vanilla competitive "ranked"
experience can find it in that system, while folks that want variety and
diversity can find it on community servers. Who knows - Valve might
actually surprise us and start pointing players back towards community
servers for "casual" TF2 by default.

...one can dream, anyway ;-)