We keep 20 tf2 servers for fun 5 years.
http://download.altfs.ru/tf/motd-2016/?lang=en
Indeed, right now for the influx of players need to make Herculean efforts.
For this is no time and desire.

Valve made sense.
1. Valve had to send new players to oficial servers with weak players. To
new players were interested and they do not shut down the game.
2. Then new players by increasing the qualification had to move to a
stronger community server. Only Community Servers this time have died.
3. Valve had to kill the bad community servers. Instead of controlling bad
community servers, Valve decided to send all players to the official
servers. Thus died community servers with good servers.

We can talk a long time that is good or bad.
But playing in TF2 no longer has fun in the actions of Valve and
obsolescence of the game.

PS: It is time to introduce a new type of community servers: Valve
approved. With the same official servers rights.

PPS: I am not advocating Valve, but they are logical steps to a certain
extent. However, they forgot about the community, about people who believed
in them...

Sorry for my bad english.