This is a Valve bug that started happening in the Meet Your Match update on
July 7th. Basically they screwed up and made it so that if you use the
secondary fire of the short circuit and it doesn't hit any valid victims,
then it won't properly exit lag compensation. Which causes players subject
to lag compensation (enemy players near the player using the short circuit
or being approximately aimed at) to have their position teleported and then
not restored properly.

More information in the description of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDq--2PZRic

I've already emailed Eric Smith about this and he got back to me three days
ago saying it'd be fixed for the next update.

-sigsegv