One big advantage is that if you have to switch IP address for whatever
reason, users don't need to upgrade their bookmarks. Though it takes up to
24 hours for theirs to be updated due to a quirk in how Steam server
browser works. So I wholly can recommend using those server tokens sooner
than later.

But yeah it's kinda poorly documented.