We have released a SteamPipe version of the Day of Defeat:Source dedicated
server.

A note of clarification: this announcement concerns Day of Defeat: *SOURCE*.
Alfred announced a very similar release for the original Day of Defeat product.
 This is a different release.  Try not to get confused!

The server is a beta sever, and works with the client beta.  We encourage all
Day of Defeat server operators to help test this beta.  We will be converting
the game over to the new system within a few weeks.  (So you might as well
download the server now so you'll be ready when the switchover happens.)

The existing HLDSUpdateTool dedicated server and the existing client are NOT
affected.  It is not necessary to download the SteamPipe version of the
dedicated sever at this time to host clients who have not opted into the beta.
We will give server operators a couple of days of advanced warning before we
end the beta and switch the game over to be use SteamPipe as the official
version.  At that point, the HLDSUpdateTool version of the server will no
longer be used; all sever operators must be using the SteamPipe version of the
dedicated server.

Here is a general FAQ about Source engine games and SteamPipe.  It answers many
anticipated questions, including how to install the dedicated server and client
beta:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7388-QPFN-2491

We will be making a broader announcement of the client beta in a day or so
after we confirm that some servers are up and operable.

The client beta is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Any questions not answered by the FAQ?  Fire away.

Thanks for testing!