it just keeps getting worse =(

its cpu hungery

-----Original Message-----
From: [TANJ]Zibby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 21 September 2001 7:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: More CPU usage?

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Jón Helgi Jónsson wrote:

> Are you guys noticing more CPU usage? We had to shutdown one server of
> the 4 running on Dual PIII 500 mhz and there is still noticable lag.
> Sure they lagged a _little_bit_ before but with update constant 400 ping
> and CPU usage through the roof.

Yeah, it almost doubled. Can't even run it on a k62 500 anymore, and I
just watched the server drop all my players. AdminMod doesn't work, clean
install, all updated versions, but that doesn't matter cause the lag
stinks.

I have yet to see an actual improvment in the new patch. The scoreboard
looks better, but it's harder to tell how may are dead and how many are
not.

Maybe it's time to serve something else off this box.

Andy "Zibby" Zbikowski - TANJ Admin
Play CS @ tanj.ringworld.org:27015
http://gamestats.ringworld.org