Bill Everhart wrote:

> This seems like it *might* be depended on the type of client used
> to send the message as I have seen it both with and without email
> addresses.

It not only might be dependend but it certainly is. Good mail
clients will have only a single introductory line showing who was
the author of the post replying to. Apparently most of these
clients also do not put the authors email address in said line,
provided that the author set up a proper user name.

Other mail clients seem to deem it necessary to use *five* lines
filled with all sorts of unnecessary information including the
full email address to do the same job.

But I guess asking people to switch email clients is out of the
question, so... :)

Florian.