From: "Daniel Reinhardt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> At one point in time a major router's fiber connection was cut, and well
> that slowed our DNS Servers retrieval time of newly registered domain
> names, so when it came back up we were a few days behind.
>
> Daniel

Fortunately DNS doesn't actually work like that... DNS servers don't go out
and fetch the lists of millions of domains from the root servers when they
start up. If you say there was a problem then I don't doubt that, but I
think you may have misunderstood the reason.

Anyway, as has been said, if you're having so much trouble with DNS then
it's an issue with your setup. If you add a few extra DNS servers to your
list of resolvers on your client machine you should never have any trouble
resolving names. If this were not the case the Internet would be a crappy
place indeed! Redundancy is a beautiful thing. :)

-Simon