> And why do you think that it is
> all about the Admins and not about the players?

/me hands over a cluepon

Allowing administrators to configure daemons to their liking is just good
etiquette; particularly if you want those administrators to use your
software.

In regards to your silly comment, its about everyone.  Players need
administrators to run servers.  Administrators need Valve to provide server
software that is easy to use, maintain, and configure.  Valve needs players
to buy their software.  No one is more important; if any of these three
groups becomes disgruntled and drops their part, the whole thing collapses.

Personally, I could care less about being able to turn off the global ban
list.  Just because I'm not interested though, doesn't mean I'm going to
flame administrators who are.  In the end, as usual, Valve can do whatever
they like, but I and other admins would like to make it known that we want
as much configuration as possible.

Regards
Nathan