It's a random thing.  You shoot where you know the model really is, not
where you see it.  It's not something the other person is even aware of,
his view shows him where he should be.  And just as quickly as they
appear at the wrong elevation, they can pop back down or up at any time.
They don't really go back and forth though.  Usually, they start the
round like that and with in a few seconds they snap back where they
should be.

As far as the dust skywalker thing, it's not so much a cheat but it
really really annoying.  I would love to treat it as a cheat though.
Any way to set up hlguard to kick people at z elevations they shouldn't
be at in certain maps?  Heh.

- m0gely