From: "Nathan O'Sullivan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] [OT] Linux broadcast packets

Most of that's wrong; so just to set the record straight --

The linux kernel does not pass received broadcast packets to applications
bound to a particular interface.  Windows does.  Hence, servers with a
specified IP running under windows will show up in the the game browser, but
those running under linux will not.

Running All-Seeing Eye or the in-game browser makes no difference - its a
linux kernel design issue, and has nothing to do with the browser
application.

http://www.freshmeat.net/projects/udp_broadcast_fw/ is one possible
solution.

Regards