Look into Mosix.  It's a kernel patch that load balances processes across
the cluster, much like in an SMP.  Keep in mind, though, that all network
and file IO (IIRC) stays local to the login node that the process is started
on, so you'll definitely want to have a very fast switched network, and a
fast disk subsystem (RAID) on the login node.

I'm not sure how this would really help a single HLDS though.  If a single
HLDS process eats all of a single CPU in 1 cluster node, and all the CPUs in
the cluster are the same speed, then Mosix will probably not migrate the
process to another node. What mosix will do, however, is load balance all
the HLDS processes across the available nodes automatically, thus
alleviating the need to manually assign (start) HLDS locally on each node.
If you were to try this, and since the login node typically will have 2 NICs
(1 public, 1 private cluster only)), you'll need to start each HLDS server
on a different port, as all the public traffic will transit a single NIC
(single IP unless you alias).  They may have some new IO distibution in the
latest versions, but I haven't kept up with it.

Keep in mind, this is all only (somewhat) educated conjecture on my part, as
I've not tried it.

Read all about Mosix here:  http://www.mosix.org

StanTheMan
TheHardwareFreak
http://www.hardwarefreak.com
rcon admin at:
Beer for Breakfast servers        <http://bfb.bogleg.org/>
   209.41.98.2:27016 (CS multi-map)   209.41.98.2:27015 (DoD)
   209.41.98.2:27017 (CS militia/dust2)            Dallas, TX