I coudnt have said it better. I too used to be an AWP-Hater calling people
who used it "awp whores" as the term goes. Then I started playing with it,
and learned to play with the weapon and grew to love it. I know at least 10
other people who were in the same boat as me. Hated the weapon until they
learned to use it. You know what I hated most about the awp? Getting killed
by it and not being able to kill the other guy even when I bought one. I
think this is why most people dislike the awp. I will tell you, some maps
just are not the same without the awp. What is to stop a sewer storm on
aztec without the awp?

I also agree that the awp takes some level of skill to use as opposed to
some peoples claims that its a n00b weapon. There is a reason almost all CAL
players use it as their primary weapon. Watch some cal demos, 90% of the
time the guy has a deagle and an awp.

I also agree that the problem is not the awp being too powerful of a weapon
for the game, it is the players not evening the skill. Like Unix here said,
a skilled player can own in any weapon. They just prefer the awp.

I would also like to point out that the awp gets harder and harder to use
with each version of CS. The accuracy gets less and less wiht each new
version. Remember when shooting the guy in the foot(I loved doing this on
the bridge on dust) would kill him, now you have to hit them in the chest or
head. The weapon has made some changes and I think right now it is a fairly
balanced between power and difficulty of use.

I would urge you to take Unix's challenge and play with the awp for a week.
Really play with it. I am sure you would come to love it.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...