> [EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Oscar N
[snipp]
> Compile a kernel with support for the new cpu and all other hardware,
> then swap the motherboards, cpu, ram and so on...
> After that start the the "new" computer up, you might need a rescue
> disk. Run "lilo" and after that reboot it. Choose the new kernel and
hope
> :)
>
> You might get some better answer on a linux mailing list, I did not
put
> that much effort on how to solve your problem... This is after all a
> list  about HL in linux...

Or, better, since you are running some modern RedHat (post 7.2 or 7.3),
use "up2date" to download and install the apropiate kernel.

My bet (i'm no Duron expert) is that the duron most probably would use
the stock redhat kernel for i686, or just the same kernel as you are
using today.If you are using GRUB as your bootloader that should do it
(no need to rerun anything).
So - go ahead swap the disk.
Have fun.
---