I don't know if you ever solved this problem but this might be worth a shot.

We had some small problems with choke a long time ago. The solution to get rid
of the choke (for us at least) was to increase the sv_maxrate on the server and
the rate on the client.
We also noticed that an decreased value of cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate on the
client lowered the choke...

/Oscar, www.bhood.nu

Quoting "Andrew A. Chen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I've personally tried setting it to '0' with little to no change.
>
> ---
> Andrew A. Chen
> Divo Networks
>
> On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Simon Garner wrote:
>
> > Eric (Deacon) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > FWIW, it sounds to me like you have your maxrate set to low to
> > > accomadate the high updaterates of the players, which results in
> > > choke. It would be interesting to jack maxrate up to like 15000 for a
> > > week to see if people say it's all better or what.
> > >

> > Hmm, that's true I suppose. Worth a try :)
> >
> > I'm pretty sure I've tried removing it before and it didn't help though.
> > Can't remember now.
> >
> > -Simon

/Mvh Oscar