At Thursday 08:42 PM 12/19/2002 +0100, you wrote:
I rather waste a bit of my energy in trying to tell Valve they have to
speed up, than trying to guess who's cheating on my servers.

/Douglas

I totally agree. In the last 14 days, VAC has caught 1 player on my server.
That's pathetic. It's hard for me to believe that out of the 20,000+
connections I have had in the last 14 days that only 1 of them was cheating.

It's time for VAC to step it up. It's been too long without a substantial
update. Yea, yea, the wallhack block was great and all but as has been
stated before, it still allows wallhacks to work well enough for them to be
an unfair advantage. If things don't improve in the very near future with
Valve and VAC, my servers will be going down. I don't see any need to keep
paying what Im paying every month for a cheater's paradise. I think some of
you other server ops should think about this also. WE are the ones
supporting Valve and they are totally hosing us. Without servers, lets see
how long the popularity of their game/mods continues.

Erik/Leon, whoever from Valve.. how about a heads up? Just throw us
something. If you cant block/detect these OpenGL  based cheats then just
say so. If it's going to take us waiting until 1.6 to do anything about
them, then just say so. I'd rather you keep us in the loop than have
everyone sitting here knowing nothing. I'm not trying to be harsh but
what's it going to take to get some action from you guys?

Jay

Jay Carter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]