Proper grammar and speech patterns a must for me. Not only are all kinds of
h4x0r-speek fairly hard to read (I run HL at 1600x1200 now that it supports
that res, and my monitor is only 19" across), but I have found that most
people who speek like that are idiots. When instant-messaging people, I still
can't get over everyone using moronic expressions and contractions like "lol",
"ur", and "2" as in "i got 2 go". It drives me nuts. Sure, I do use some
acronyms (like "RTFM"), but not to these extreme excesses. Also, the people
who speek in normal English, but leave it all lower case annoy me.
To me, with the number of people gaming and chatting online, all of these
corruptions of English appear like there will be long term effects. Even if we
don't see them yet, I can see them coming in the future. Many people here have
probably read 1984. Think newspeak. Newspeak, I think, is disgusting. This is
where I believe all of these corruptions will head. I could not stand talking
(or for now, speeking) like that. Anyone else feel the same way?

Just my 50^-1 cents.

--agenthh