kama wrote:
I dont understand...

I can easely run 1 public 14 player server, 1 12 player public and one
matchserver with no bigger problem on a dual piii500... The server is
running on FreeBSD 4.x, with some system tweaks... and linux_base-7.1...

Im not using VAC or HLG.. when the 14 player system is full it utilize
aprox 35-45% of cpu... the 12 player usually dont go over 30... and the
I have a similar setup to you.  Except I run dual P3 850's , and
I do run HLG/VAC.  When I run helms_deep at 16 players, the cpu
for that server is almost pegged at 90%+.  Other smaller maps
with 16 players put my cpu at 50~60%.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/