> > This is wrong.  At the very most, an admin should force foul worded
names to
> > be changed to "invalid name", but not an advert for his site.  I know
many
> > players that have 3 letter names and they all are valid names.  But
forcing
> > a name change to his url is wrong.
>
> What do you mean wrong?  The admin is the owner of a private server.  He
> owns the bandwidth, the hardware, etc.  Basically, he can do whatever he
> wants within what is legal.  I admit its sorta lame but still, who is
> lamer, the player who can't change it back or him?

But why should a player be forced to change anything other than an offensive
name?  The admin doesn't own the clients computer.  Clients trust that they
can log into a server that does not change their settings.  And in fact
there are cases where this can be considered an invasion.  It just depends
on the area you live in and what their intellectual property law states.  It
is the client that would be considered the injured party so the laws of his
region are the ones observed, not yours.

It also takes a kinda ignorant client not to have certain setting in an
ingame executable file.

[PEA]SoupGuy