After the help received I've managed to enable the weapon restrict function
on my server - thanks everyone who helped with that. Now I'm conidering 1 or
2 other options. Right now when the map reloads any restrictions imposed are
gone. I can see 2 solutions to this:

1 - (as Zachary Stone said) to add the necessary line(s) to my server.cfg
file
2 - I create a seperate file (i.e. restrict.cfg, placing the necessary lines
in there) and adding the command '+exec restrict.cfg' to my startup line

Which would you guys recommend? Would methoed 2 work in keeping the
restrictions I set when the map changes?

Jay.