I have two systems running P4s. One is a P4 2.0ghz, the other is a P4
2.4ghz. The 2.0ghz box usually uses about 30-35% cpu utilization at peak on
small maps (dust or aztec for example). On more complicated maps it'll use
40-60% (office, vertigo, cbble). On maps with very wide open spaces
(helms_deep, hidenseek) it'll use 100% cpu utilization. I also have an
athlon 2100 and the results are very similiar. If you had 3 full 20 man
servers you'd probably see a lot of lag. With more complicated maps you
couldn't run more than 2 at a time. If you disable VAC you could save a good
amount of cpu cycles too.

The P4 2.4ghz does the best, although I can't give you exact specs. I run 3
18-20 man servers on the P4 2.4ghz box and I don't think I've ever hit 100%
cpu utilization. When full the servers typically don't use more than 20-25%,
although I've seen it in the upper 30's with complex maps. I've never tested
something like helms_deep on it though. If it weren't for the more complex
maps you could probably fit 4 servers on one of these boxes (as long as you
have at least 768MB ram).

FYI, here are the operating systems on my boxes.
P4 2.4ghz: freebsd 4.7
P4 2.0ghz: redhat 7.2
athlon 2100: redhat 7.2

I'd be very interested to see how a dual athlon mp setup did (with gobs of
ram).

Justin