On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 14:18, Tyler "Overkill" Schwend wrote:
> Yes, I am. Excuse me for using Microsoft software, I'm such an
> idiot.
>
> I just don't see the point in changing the subject line in a
> thread that's already begun.

If

A: your client cant handle that, then its thats your problem.
Check your mail source and you will see...

your message and id:
From: "Tyler \"Overkill\" Schwend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] Dualie Athlons? [OT]

simons reply:
From: "Simon Garner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Notice how he creates a new ID and then sets your message ID as the
Reference header?

This is how threading is done (as well as the In-Reply-To header in some
cases) If your client does thread on this, then it is breaking a
commonly practised standard.

and

B: He was setting it [OT] As it had gone Off Topic, he was doing this
for the benifit of those who filter OT messages.

C: Simon is also using MS software for his mail.