Deacon said:
>> So, anyone up for some good SCSI vs IDE action?
>
> What's to discuss?  SCSI is obviously a great thing if you've got the
> extra cash burning a hole in your pocket, but it's simply a question of
> whether you can fit it into your budget.
>
> Personally, I'm happy with my 8MB cache WD SE IDE drives.

I find RAM is a lot cheaper than a SCSI setup. I just stuck enough RAM in
the box so that the entire map rotation is in cache. Except for logging,
which is buffered, the disk light never blinks after the first full cycle,
and those few blinks are so brief they are difficult to see. Nobody can
tell the difference on the server. :-)

-Mad