> And what if the 'device' includes stuff like port filter rules,
> regular routing and things that are used in the so called
> 'broadband routers' and common firewalls? aaah, now it's getting
> tricky!

Actually, combining independent functions is pretty common in network
equipment.  However, I'd *LOVE* to hear how someone has used these
so-called "broadband routers" to act as just that: a router.  I've never
heard of one that actually performs as a router, only those that perform
NAT.  If someone is using one of these "routers" to actually be a router
and not a NAT device, they've never told anyone else.  Maybe they're
scared CISCO will find out and murder them in their sleep? :P

> Hmm, by the way, what does this have to do with Dualie Athlons? ;)

About as much as the term "router" has to do with a low-end NAT device.

--
Eric (the Deacon remix)