--- THC_Vaporizer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> unitedadmins are not known for their extensive readme/installation files
> (christ for like 3 months their 'online documentation' was 404)...otherwise
> they really do try....;)

I am thankful for HLGuard, don't get me wrong, and I try to participate in the UA
community to the
extent that my spare time allows me (and when my boss isn't looking). That doesn't
mean I am not
going to say something when I see something that needs fixing (isn't this me doing my
part to help
fix it, by pointing it out?). Considering they have a "doc team", that is more
resources than most
coding projects have, so it doesn't completely make sense that their docs would be
lacking. IMO,
not excusable.

To be honest, when I read the changelog, I saw the 586 line, but without seeing any
thing in the
readme that said "This version includes a brand new dll file! Change your
metamod/plugins.ini line
to ..." For all I knew, this functionality was bundled into the currently named dll,
that I was
not aware had changed names. Not being a programmer or whatever, all I noticed was
that the zip
contained a file that was being extracted to the correct dlls folder... with the
visual similarity
of the 3 and the 5 (maybe my res is too high) I didn't even notice it...

I could go on ad nauseum about how non standard and irresponsible this is, especially
considering
UA's desire to be looked upon as a professional and respectable organization/coding
project...But
i think yuo guys get my point.  Make excuses all you want, but the truth is in the
docs (or lack
thereof).