I have the aliasing working fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Oscar N aka
Dreadful
Sent: Friday, 28 March 2003 1:57 p.m.
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] ifconfig alias + VAC issue

We do also use IP alias instead different port numbers. This is because we
want all of our public servers to be easy remembered by our players. They
all run on the default port and have a short girlname as hostname, and
ofcourse our domain name...
ex: joa.bhood.nu, ling.bhood.nu and so on...

Anyway, I had some problem with the alias IP if I did not put netmask
0xffffffff in the alias line... hmm, and now I noticed another difference.
The second line should have the word "inet" and not "alias"...
so, the lines for you would be:
ifconfig_fxp0="inet 202.36.xxx.xxx  netmask 255.255.255.240"
ifconfig_fxp0_alias0="inet 202.36.xxx.xxx netmask 0xffffffff"

This is working for me on freebsd 4.7 but I think it should be the same at
5.0...

/Oscar