On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 05:58:41PM -0800, m0gely wrote:
> James Clark wrote:
> > Anyone out there have a mirror of the RC2.65 Firearms Linux Server?
> >
> > Of the 5 or 6 Mirrors listed on the firearmsmod site non seem to work =(
> >
> > Cheers,
> > James.
>
> This seamed to work for me (a listed mirror):
> ftp://ftp.tdsfa.org/fafiles/firearms265_linux_full.tar.gz

Corrupted at 76MB...

> Googling for it gave me:
> http://www.doomsdaywarriors.com/downloads/firearms_lx_rc265f.php
> http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=1105
> http://www.fileplanet.com/files/50000/52011.shtml

Already listed on their files page, all seem to be messed up one way or
the other.

> I didn't check the que based links but I am sure they work.  At
> any rate the first link worked and it's a direct download.  What
> is this anyways?  From the screen shots is looks like a CS variant.

More of a modern DoD variant.  You respawn very quickly after you die
(quicker than DoD).  Lots of guns.  It's been around for a while and
seems cool but I have to join overseas servers to play it.

Still under active development.

--
James.