I am well familiar with 1855.  You are right, I did go off on him, and
poorly formatted it, and it was rude to the rest on the listserv, to
whom I apologize.

About the UDP handlers, what I was referring to was Britt's assertation
that if microsoft changed their handling of UDP, we would have an
improvement.   My reply was strictly to do with the fact that we weren't
discussing how the kernel is affected by UDP, but by the massive cpu
needs with 3.1.1.1.   I was simply taken aback at the statement about it
being microsoft's fault, or partial fault.   I am well aware of the
implications of UDP on a kernel, and wasn't in any way trying to imply
it has no effect.   That effect however, isn't the cause of our
problems.

Michael Ressen,
Michigan Burbs Network Administrator

www.michiganburbs.com