On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 17:16, Brian A. Stumm wrote:

> I know that Rob is working on a way to exec admin commands by saying
> things that is authed by wonid matching. suppose kinda like adminmod does.
> With this hte admin can set up only the commands he wants his admins to
> use and disable rcon. I've also written a web based client for halfd to
> admin server via web that allows you to limit what commands can and cannot
> be used. Sorry I'm not really sure what your goal is here with your rcon
> wrapper. I was getting you want to prevent some commands from being issued
> or settings being changed.

Not my goal...someone else's.  They want to give rcon access to their
customers, but don't want them to mess with the sv_maxrate, etc.

The reason they want to give rcon access is so that these customers can
have the full functionality of hlsw.  For example, hlsw stores all
player names in a wonid database if you have the rcon password.  This
feature is nice.

So a custom frontend to halfd won't really help here.  What is necessary
is to be able to restrict access to a few commands and a few cvars.

Dave