On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 08:53:06AM +0200, Obsessed wrote:
> 1) just make another cfg file with the setinfo info.
>     then make an alias with -exec file.cfg in it's path (after hl.exe)

        Where does that file go?

        I've got a file called "autoexec.cfg in path\to\Half-Life\dod\,
        and "C:\Program Files\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe" -console -game
        dod +exec autoexec.cfg" in the properties section of the icon
        'thingy'.

        This does nothing.

        I start dod (by double clicking on that icon) and got console. I
        then typed exec autoexec.cfg.

        Nothing.

        With Counterstrike, the autoexec.cfg file went in the cstrike
        directory, and it ran by itself. Well, usually.

> 2) log on
>     you can also put this into your server.cfg
>     "log on"

        This is the server.cfg in /halflife/hlds_l/dod/logs, right?

        I get a file, but it's 0 length.

        I'm starting the game as root, and the logfile has is root:root
        644, so it should be writeable.

        Hmm... starting it as a different user (with all the files owned
        as that user) has the same effect--there is a logfile created,
        but it has no contents.

        I am getting logging to the screen though.

        Is there a detailed web page on basic setup?

"Fiat justitia et ruat caelum"
(Let justice be done though the heavens fall.)
--legal maxim originating with the Senate of Rome.