10x for the reply mate.. but i would really like an answer from valve.. if
they have a little time to spare :))

 and hmm.. let me rephrase 1.

 1. if the server fails to download VAC at startup, i have to /quit the server and
start
it all over again or.. i just let it be without VAC and it will try to download the
modules 2-3 times/day if
at startup it didn't succedeed?

 my best guess is that new VAC modules updates the old ones.. or install
fresh. only then modules will install besides server startup. still need
that response from valve tho.

 ps. really like this scenario: modules failed -> automated retry in 3h ->
6h -> 12 -> 24 -> 24 -> 24.... etc

 imagine i have 3-4 servers... i'll just keeeeep on restarting them until
all are VACed?? huh! and if i have a automated startup? valve - ball in ya
court.

/mike